I have a few confessions to make and I am hoping for some help.
1) I am a bad blogger. I get ideas for entries at the worst times (mostly when I have no time to write them!) and when it is the right time, I feel like I have nothing to write. Thus, the nearly a month since my last entry.
2) I have ridden my horse three times since I moved her at the end of April. Life just keeps getting in the way - I knew this would happen - and it was a "necessary evil" for my life, but unfortunately, it really kills content for the blog.
3) Number 2 is kind of getting me down. I know my very last entry was all about how you keep pushing (which I will) but it is tough going right now. I miss my horses like crazy and I really really want to have them with me. It is disheartening to visit them - instead of being able to enjoy the time I do have with them, my thoughts are preoccupied with how badly I want them to be accessible to me ALL THE TIME.
4) A lot of my current blog ideas are not-horse related and are more body positivity related - which I think is important too, but as this is the blog for both a fat girl and a fat horse, we need some horse related content.
So I am shouting out for guest bloggers again. If you wish you saw an article about something that you relate to, consider writing it!
The general idea of what I am looking for is here, and I would like to also note again because it bears repeating, that I don't accept articles that are self deprecating or speak ill of other plus sized riders.
I am particularly interested in guest articles from professionals in the business - ie trainers and judges, who work with plus sized riders and have some positive feedback on their view on plus sized riders.
Here are more things I would be interested in guest spotlighting:
- product reviews - specifically products that cater to plus sized riders (ie 18"+ saddles, clothing, boots, half chaps, etc)
- your road to self acceptance and love
- adversity in the lesson arena + how you found a trainer that accepted you
- show reports
And of course, as with everything, we love, love, love pictures!
If you are interested and feel you have a story or review to share that rolls with our general "mission" here, please email me!