________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONTRIBUTE | ADVERTISE | SHOP | COMMUNITY | CAST | REVIEWS | CONTACT
2015-12-15: Hi! You're probably here because you did a Google search for 'plus sized horseback riders' or you saw my content quoted elsewhere. There are a couple of things I'd like you to know.

I am still here! But I am living away from my horses and not riding often. I could tell you a lie and say that I am, but I have always endeavored to give you the truth here. As a result, I'm not feeling terribly motivated to write blog posts and I feel out of touch with the community.

I'd love for you to stay a while and look back through the archives. Visit the links listed below. We still have an active forum community and I post on the Facebook page from time to time.

I have tentative plans to try to get more involved in the horse world in 2016, and I will absolutely share whatever that adventure becomes with you, so keep checking back!

Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Favourite: Research!

I gotta say... I was quite delighted to see this on my Facebook feed earlier this week, posted on the Riding Light Facebook fan page. Click to enlarge and read the text!



This is what Kris said about it:
IT'S TRUE!!
I've heard that rider balance is more important than rider weight, but I wanted to PROVE it. So yesterday I completed an experiment. I rented an Infrared Thermographic camera and had two very different sized riders ride the same horse in the same saddles at the same gait for the same amount of time. There was 100 pounds of difference between the riders. The heavy rider rode relaxed and in balance, and the lighter rider intentionally rode stiff, crooked, and out of balance.


Check out more Riding Light.

1 comment:

  1. Recently found AFGAFH and love you.
    Amanda, you have such a beautiful and confident outlook, and you are encouraging in a sincere and well written manner.
    I'm making my way through your archives slowly.

    I'm a fellow Canadian, I think you'd call me 'fluffy', I ride a brother/sister pair of reg'd Morgans (short backs, feet of iron, and never seem to have a speck of trouble carrying me all day), once in awhile my OTTStandardbred, and have a stocky QH in training.

    If you can direct me to your favourite photo of your mare?

    ReplyDelete