________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONTRIBUTE | ADVERTISE | SHOP | COMMUNITY | CAST | REVIEWS | CONTACT
2015-12-15: Hi! You're probably here because you did a Google search for 'plus sized horseback riders' or you saw my content quoted elsewhere. There are a couple of things I'd like you to know.

I am still here! But I am living away from my horses and not riding often. I could tell you a lie and say that I am, but I have always endeavored to give you the truth here. As a result, I'm not feeling terribly motivated to write blog posts and I feel out of touch with the community.

I'd love for you to stay a while and look back through the archives. Visit the links listed below. We still have an active forum community and I post on the Facebook page from time to time.

I have tentative plans to try to get more involved in the horse world in 2016, and I will absolutely share whatever that adventure becomes with you, so keep checking back!

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Holiday Wish



(*ETA: I just realized I made a spelling error on my blog URL on the card. Haha, I guess that is what you get for 5 minutes with Photoshop!)

I wish for those of you who have horses and feel unable to ride them the courage and heart to move forward and accomplish your dreams.

I wish for those of you who have long ago tucked the idea of horseback riding into the back of your mind because of your weight the inspiration to start the ball rolling once again.

I wish for those of you with an "inner voice" that nags at you and tells you you CAN'T do this, the clarity of vision to KNOW that you CAN.

I wish good trainers, quiet horses, successful show seasons, great deals on show clothes, good fortune, no vet bills, and lots of time to read the blog for anyone I have missed. (hehe)

Though honestly - I do have to say how much my world and view has changed since getting to know all of you who read and comment or email. I thought I was open minded about plus sized riders, but my mind is opened even more every day - with every comment, every email, every photo. I have so enjoyed getting to know everyone over the last couple of months and am looking forward to years of writing this blog and sharing our stories and trials and tribulations and changing the minds and ideas of many people who would otherwise try to keep us out of the show ring or laugh us down.

I am proud of and inspired by the many "average" or "skinny" riders who read the blog, continuing to open their own minds and discover new ways to encourage and support those around them who are facing unique challenges and stereotypes in the equestrian world.

I cannot stress how important a great support system is. I cannot stress how important it is to live your life, and enjoy the things you love.


Merry Christmas, happy holidays, regardless of what you celebrate - or if you celebrate nothing at all this time of year, I am sending everyone a giant internet hug. :)

xoxo,

Amanda & Bronwyn

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you both as well! May 2010 be filled with many miles on horseback for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you have an excellent 2010!

    ReplyDelete