________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONTRIBUTE | ADVERTISE | SHOP | COMMUNITY | CAST | REVIEWS | CONTACT
2015-12-15: Hi! You're probably here because you did a Google search for 'plus sized horseback riders' or you saw my content quoted elsewhere. There are a couple of things I'd like you to know.

I am still here! But I am living away from my horses and not riding often. I could tell you a lie and say that I am, but I have always endeavored to give you the truth here. As a result, I'm not feeling terribly motivated to write blog posts and I feel out of touch with the community.

I'd love for you to stay a while and look back through the archives. Visit the links listed below. We still have an active forum community and I post on the Facebook page from time to time.

I have tentative plans to try to get more involved in the horse world in 2016, and I will absolutely share whatever that adventure becomes with you, so keep checking back!

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy birthday, Rex!







Today, my little Rexy turns seven. This fact makes me feel older, even, than the fact that my 10 year high school reunion is coming up this summer.

Rex was absolutely instrumental in my grieving and healing process when I lost his mama, Angel. He was not even weaned when she died, and together, the two of us came to terms with her death, and for that, we will always have a special bond. He frustrates me to NO END pretty frequently, but he "gets me" and I get him in return.

I can't be with him today to wish him a real happy birthday but I can't wait to go put my arms around him - and 2013 is set to be his year, I figure. With the move back to the farm for Bronwyn and I, I'd like to get him ridden some more and give him some "life experience". I like to bring them on slow, what can I say? :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Rex. He looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Birthday wishes to Rex, I cannot believe he is already 7!
    How time flies! Hopefully you can get some new pics when you get out there next - he must be quite the strapping young fella these days!

    ReplyDelete