________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONTRIBUTE | ADVERTISE | SHOP | COMMUNITY | CAST | REVIEWS | CONTACT
2015-12-15: Hi! You're probably here because you did a Google search for 'plus sized horseback riders' or you saw my content quoted elsewhere. There are a couple of things I'd like you to know.

I am still here! But I am living away from my horses and not riding often. I could tell you a lie and say that I am, but I have always endeavored to give you the truth here. As a result, I'm not feeling terribly motivated to write blog posts and I feel out of touch with the community.

I'd love for you to stay a while and look back through the archives. Visit the links listed below. We still have an active forum community and I post on the Facebook page from time to time.

I have tentative plans to try to get more involved in the horse world in 2016, and I will absolutely share whatever that adventure becomes with you, so keep checking back!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Things to Worry About

This would have been an excellent thing to share yesterday, as it was written exactly 79 years ago yesterday, but as I often am - I come to my readers a day late and a dollar short!

Let me preface what I'm about to share with this admission: I am a worrier.

 It doesn't stop me from living life, but there is always a little niggling "what if..." whispering in the back of my mind. The truth is that usually those bad "what ifs" don't end up coming true at all and I can forget about them, but there are a few things (usually pertaining to my family, including my horse and my dog) that would completely break my heart and I worry about them.  

Case in point: last night, I went with my sister to the barn to pick up my standing wraps to loan for my mom (they were locked in my tack room) - my boyfriend followed behind with the dog so he could drive me home (in the opposite direction that my sister was traveling). I put the dog in the car and my boyfriend had to run back into the house to get something before he followed - we pulled out first. I worried incessantly until they showed up that someone had come along and let my dog out of the unlocked car doors and now he was roaming loose and potentially being hit by cars.  

The worrying is worse when I have a lot of other things on my plate (the best time to be distracted by foolish things, if I do say so myself!).

With that said, sometimes I have to go back and ground myself.

A blogger local to me, The Glad Girl, is a good source of inspiration and little personal smiles and she posted yesterday an excerpt from F. Scott Fitzgerald to his daughter, which I am going to be even a bit more concise with and share with you:

Things to worry about:

Worry about courage
Worry about Cleanliness
Worry about efficiency
Worry about horsemanship
Worry about. . .

Things not to worry about:

Don't worry about popular opinion
Don't worry about dolls
Don't worry about the past
Don't worry about the future
Don't worry about growing up
Don't worry about anybody getting ahead of you
Don't worry about triumph
Don't worry about failure unless it comes through your own fault
Don't worry about mosquitoes
Don't worry about flies
Don't worry about insects in general
Don't worry about parents
Don't worry about boys
Don't worry about disappointments
Don't worry about pleasures
Don't worry about satisfactions

Things to think about:

What am I really aiming at?

(I particularly appreciate that horsemanship is included on the list of things to worry about.)

So, my friends, it is time for me to work harder on putting aside the worrywart cap and start thinking about... what am I really aiming at? And I encourage all of you to do the same. It is never a bad idea to stop and assess if the things you are concerned about or worrying about will matter ten years from now? Five years from now? A month from now?

No comments:

Post a Comment